Saturday, February 16, 2008

PRAYER.

I don’t know what to do,
I’m lost, I’m scared, I’m nothing without you.

my thoughts are tangled and twisted,
my heart, afraid of things it once trusted.
many things are blurred and hard to see
not in sight, or hearing but feelings inside me.
how can I know what’s true and what’s not?
Is there an honest answer? I must be taught.
I’m shivering, but so warm, what does this mean?

I feel dirty inside, but outward I’m clean.
Oh Lord, Help me determine right from wrong.

Grant me your grace so I may be strong.
In all my decisions, the great and the small,
help me to be consistent with your grace through them all.
You’ve given such marvels and joys in this life

help us to share them with people in strife.
Help us to understand what you want us to see,
You give us the choice, and the chance to be happy,

Its our own will, and decisions that get us so lost,
The death of your son, was our transgressions cost.
And now we can follow you in full, for eternity,
so long as we have your grace and forgivness, which has perpetuity.
Cleanse me, and make me warm, and purify once more.
Clear the way, help me see, your answers I wait for =).

4 comments:

Margaret said...

So well written! Bravo! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love this Mary! And will refer to it often. Thanks,Aunt B

Jessica Gordon said...

WHATEVER!!! Aunt B leaves YOU comments. I see who she loves... :(

Anyhow, Great prayer Mary... I'm totally impressed with your writing... Beautiful!

JoAnn said...

Gosh...how are you so good at writing poems!
Its awwesome :)

We can do no great things, only small things with great love <3

-Mother Theresa