Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poem

Make Each Moment Count!

Today I thought about my death
What would I say with my very last breath?
Who would be there to watch me pass on?
Who would pray for me when I had gone?
Would people smile at the thought of me?
Would I leave behind a good memory?
Who would be crying as they placed me in the dirt?
How many people would I leave behind hurt?
Who knows the moment of when it will be,
Who knows if today is the last day I’ll see.
Each second of life is one second closer
to that second before my life’s final closure.
Make each moment count as though it were your last,
Some moments will seem slow, but will be gone so fast.
Nothing is guaranteed in this life on earth,
Each morning has been gift, since the gift of your birth.
The night may seem so close, but who knows if you will greet it.
For tonight death may be waiting and now your turn to meet it.
Yes today I thought about my death,
Could today be the day of my very last breath?

-Mary A. Murphy

No comments:

We can do no great things, only small things with great love <3

-Mother Theresa